Here are some common questions we get about Keratin…
What is Keratin? (Keratin Definition)
- Keratin is a protein found in the body… naturally. It is the key component of the outer layer of the hair, nails & skin. Keratin makes hair, nails & skin strong, tough and resistant to breakage. It also makes skin resistant to wrinkles.
What is a Keratin Hair Treatment?
- A keratin hair treatment defrizzes, smoothes and strengthens hair and makes it resistant to humidity. It’s less harsh on the hair than relaxers and is recommended for thick, course, curly or frizzy hair.
How is a Keratin Hair Treatment Done?
- A keratin treatment requires applying a layer of keratin to the hair… then using a flat iron to seal it in. The process can take up to 90 minutes to complete. It can be done in a hair salon or at home.
How Long Does a Keratin Hair Treatment Last?
- A keratin treatment typically lasts up to 3 months. That’s if… you follow given instructions such as: use a sulfate free shampoo, don’t go into the pool, etc…
How much does a Keratin Hair Treatment Cost – in a Hair Salon?
- A keratin treatment performed in a hair salon can be expensive and can cost hundreds of dollars depending on the hair salon and city where you get it done (Manhattan is extremely expensive).
How much does a Keratin Hair Treatment Cost – at Home?
- A DIY keratin treatment for at home use can cost anywhere from 50-400 dollars depending on the quality and brand.
Keratin Hair Treatment Reviews
- Keratin hair treatments get great reviews. I did a keratin hair treatment in a salon years ago (which I so overpaid for) and was extremely happy with results. I personally recommend it since I loved it! I especially recommend doing it during hot & humid summer months when hair gets out of control.
Keratin Hair Products
Keratin comes in a variety of product formats including…