How to Exfoliate Your Face & Skin at Home
Here are 7 tips to exfoliate your face and skin at home like a pro!…
#1. Use a Chemical Exfoliator
#2. Don’t use abrasives
Never use scrubs on your face – or anything with or beads or a shells in it. They break the skin, cause wrinkles and do more harm than good.These exfoliators (known as mechanical exfoliators) are meant for rough skin on feet and elbows, not the delicate skin on your face. Note: Why they are popular is a mystery since dermatologists do not recommend them.
#3. Exfoliate at Night
Never exfoliate in the AM. You never want to expose fresh, new skin to the sun since it causes wrinkles and sunburns. Exfoliated skin is delicate (think baby skin).
#4. Let the Exfoliator Penetrate the Skin
You want the acids to reach deep layers of the skin where damage occurs. Leave the exfoliator on skin for 1-3 minutes (or as long as you can tolerate it). Then rinse off with cool water to help neutralize the solution.
#5. Rehydrate the skin
Immediately after exfoliating to replenish moisture lost during the exfoliation process.
#6. Use SPF 30+
Daily. Before going out in the sun. You want to protect your fresh, new exfoliated skin from damaging UV rays. (here)
#7. Exfoliate Routinely
Exfoliate 1-3 Times a Week – to prevent clogged pores, blackheads, breakouts and wrinkles.
Keep in mind that routine exfoliation is THE most important part of your skin care routine since skin care products do not work properly without it.
Best Beauty 2017
- Best at Home Laser Hair Removal 2017
- Best Hair Dryer / Blow Dryer 2017
- Best Flat Iron / Hair Straightener 2017
- Best Curling Iron / Curling Wand 2017
- Best Keratin Hair Treatment 2017
- Best Hair Extensions 2017
- Best Hair Brushes 2017
- Best Hair Growth Products 2017
- Best Hot Rollers 2017
- Best Microdermabrasion Machine 2017
- Best Facial Cleansing Brushes 2017
- Best Teeth Whitening Products 2017
- Best Makeup Brushes 2017
- Best Eyeshadow Palette 2017
- Best Makeup Foundation 2017
- Best Airbrush Makeup 2017
- Best Eye Creams 2017
- Best Perfumes for Women 2017
- Best Anti Aging Creams / Moisturizers 2017
- Best Nail Polishes 2017
- Best Electric Toothbrushes 2017
- Best Electric Razor Shaver for Men 2017
- Best Hair Clippers for Men 2017