How to Clean Makeup Brushes
How to Clean & Wash Your Makeup Brushes at Home
Dirty makeup brushes are the #1 cause of breakouts and blackheads. Fact: Using dirty makeup brushes on your face over and over again can (and will) eventually cause breakouts.
Here’s how to clean your makeup brushes properly….
#1 – Use a facial oil cleanser
Use a gentle, fragrance free oil cleanser a) designed for your face (not your hair) and b) designed to remove makeup (here)
#2 – Get inside the bristles
Saturate your brushes completely with the cleanser and gently massage it into the bristles. Make sure to open up the bristles to get to areas where powder and makeup collects the most.
#3 – Use warm water
Warm water kills bacteria on makeup brushes. Make sure it’s not too hot so that you don’t destroy the brushes.
#4 – Dry Makeup Brushes thoroughly
You don’t want black mold growing on your brushes. (Note: Mold will grow on wet or damp brushes). Either air dry your brushes completely laying flat on a paper towel or use a hair dryer on a low setting. Make sure you don’t apply too much heat on your brushes otherwise the bristles will get fried.
#5 – Store makeup brushes in an airtight container
Don’t just throw brushes in a drawer where it can collect dust or bacteria. Instead use an airtight container.
#6 – Keep makeup brushes out of the Bathroom
The bathroom contains too much moisture from the toilet and the shower which causes mold to grow on the brushes. Store brushes in your bedroom instead.
#7 – Use an antibacterial spray
Use an anti-bacterial spray designed for makeup brushes. Use in between washes. Or spray after every use. (here)
Best Beauty 2017
- Best at Home Laser Hair Removal 2017
- Best Hair Dryer / Blow Dryer 2017
- Best Flat Iron / Hair Straightener 2017
- Best Curling Iron / Curling Wand 2017
- Best Keratin Hair Treatment 2017
- Best Hair Extensions 2017
- Best Hair Brushes 2017
- Best Hair Growth Products 2017
- Best Hot Rollers 2017
- Best Microdermabrasion Machine 2017
- Best Facial Cleansing Brushes 2017
- Best Teeth Whitening Products 2017
- Best Makeup Brushes 2017
- Best Eyeshadow Palette 2017
- Best Makeup Foundation 2017
- Best Airbrush Makeup 2017
- Best Eye Creams 2017
- Best Perfumes for Women 2017
- Best Anti Aging Creams / Moisturizers 2017
- Best Nail Polishes 2017
- Best Electric Toothbrushes 2017
- Best Electric Razor Shaver for Men 2017
- Best Hair Clippers for Men 2017