Top treadmill exercise machines, folding treadmills, electric treadmills based on user ratings & reviews…
#1. Life Fitness Treadmill
#2. Proform Treadmill
#3. Nordictrack Treadmill
#4. Horizon Treadmill
Best Treadmill Buying Guide
Here’s what to look for when buying a high quality treadmill…
- Size – Look at the dimensions. You want to make sure your ceilings are high enough and you have enough space around the machine for safety.
- Horsepower – CHP (Continuos Horse Power) is the most important feature of any machine. The more aggressive the workout, the higher the horsepower should be. For example…Running = 3.0 or greater, Jogging = 2.25-2.8, Walking = 2.0 or less
- Running Surface – make sure it’s big enough for your strides (especially important if you are tall)
- Max User Weight – make sure the treadmill can handle the weight of anyone who will be using it – extremely important for the longevity of the machine and to prevent breakdowns.
- Workout programs – you want multiple exercise programs that will challenge your workout including weight loss, heart health, etc.
- Heart rate monitor – to monitor your vitals. Look for hand grip monitor or chest strap monitor (more expensive models)
- Speed – up to 12 mph
- Incline – up to 15 levels
- Tech stuff – docks, usb ports, bluetooth, internet connection, led/lcd screens
- Folding Treadmill – great if you don’t have much space or live in an apartment. Best for: walking.
- Motorized Treadmill – Better construction and made of better materials. Best for: serious runners.
- Safety features – look for safety key and emergency shut off to prevent accidents & injuries.
- Warranty – look for at least 1 year warranty on parts & labor.