Top Elliptical Machines & Trainers
Top elliptical machines, elliptical trainers & portable elliptical machines based on user ratings & reviews…
#1 – Bowflex Max Trainer – 4.5 Stars, 4787+ Reviews
#2 – Schwinn 470 Elliptical – 4 Stars, 184+ Reviews
#3 – Horizon EX5902 Elliptical – 4 Stars, 68+ Reviews
#4 – Nautilus E614 Elliptical – 4 Stars, 86+ Reviews
#5 – Schwinn 430 Elliptical – 4 Stars, 566+ Reviews
#6 – Proform 520 Elliptical – 3.5 Stars, 76+ Reviews
Elliptical Machine Buying Guide
Here’s what to look for when buying a high quality elliptical….
- Size – check dimensions. Make sure your ceilings are high enough to accommodate the height of the machine + your own height … also, make sure you have enough space around the machine for safety.
- Max Weight – make sure the elliptical can handle the weight of anyone who will be using it – super important for longevity and to avoid breakdowns.
- Workout Programs – for weight loss, interval training, heart health, etc. This helps keep your workouts easy and fun!
- Resistance Levels – look for multiple resistance levels since you’ll want to increase resistance as you improve your workouts.
- Incline – look for adjustable incline – it helps work out different muscle groups.
- Back Pedaling – allows you to increase intensity and work out different muscles. (Not all machines have this option).
- Heart Rate Monitor – you want to be able to monitor your vitals to prevent injury and over exertion. Look for a chest strap and/or hand grips.
- Bluetooth Compatible – you need bluetooth… if you plan on listening to music while you work out or want to talk on the phone hands free…
- Display screen – shows your workout progress nice and big in real time.
- Folding Elliptical – consider this is if you have a small space and want to able to store it.
- Safety Features – make sure the machine has an emergency shut off. Especially important if you have children in the house, guests or elderly users.
- Quiet – to limit noise in your home.
- Warranty – look for at least 1 year warranty on labor and parts. Note: The more you spend on an elliptical the greater your warranty should be!